Monday 19 December 2011

Unusual Colour Combination ...

Red and brown always make me think of robins - which is as near to festive as I'm getting yet! I saw this colour combination of Cherry Cobbler and Sahara Sand somewhere and thought how well it worked, so borrowed the idea to try it out.

On a base of Sahara cardstock I added a torn strip of the Newsprint paper and a panel of Cherry Cobbler. Then using the Creative Elements stamp set I stamped the background with flower vines (some of which I coloured in) using Cherry again, and also inked the edge of the paper. The other stamps are from the same same - the box for the wording and the butterflies - to which I've added a teeny sparkling stone that I think you can just see.

I was pleased with how this turned out and will definitely use these colours together again. Not sure if I will be able to post before Christmas now, so if I don't Merry Christmas to all my readers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's lovely to have feedback, and I do LISTEN to what you have to say!!