Thursday 8 December 2011

GETTING CREATIVE ...

I make no apologies for using my favourite pink here - or I should say "Melon Mambo" as the background colour. The background stamping uses a swirly motif from Creative Elements, a really lovely stamp set from the new catalogue (page 67). I've also used the top note die (page 123) for a mounting shape, cut first in black and then in white which was then given texture using the Square Lattice embossing folder (page 124). I trimmed off the outer edge so that a black border was visible.

Then I stamped the gorgeous flowers from the Everything Eleanor stamp set (page 57) and used a technique which is one of my favourites - watercolouring using SU inks. I could run a class on this - just let me know if you'd be interested? The flowers were then mounted over a green swirl from the same set, and I also added a butterfly from the Creative Elements set, and I also used the frame for the sentiment.

You can't really see how three dimensional this is, with the flowers mounted on foam pads - you'll just have to take my word for it! I hope to be running a class using the Creative Elements set in February, but will only have limited spaces ... so book early by emailing me!! You'll find the address in my profile top right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's lovely to have feedback, and I do LISTEN to what you have to say!!