Thursday 1 December 2011

THINKING OF ROBINS...?

This brown and red colour scheme makes me think of robins, so I suppose that makes me in festive mode? Well sort of anyway! The birthday card above is 6" x 6" and uses Soft Suede cardstock as its base. The frame and bird are from the Notably Ornate stamp set, using Cherry Cobbler and Soft Suede inks. I used the Little Leaves die (I love this, its just so USEFUL!) to cut branches out of Cherry Cobbler, and the striped ribbon is also Cherry Cobbler, such a rich colour and again very seasonal as its a sort of berry shade. I stamped the greeting (from the Curly Cute stamp set) onto white and mounted it using dimensionals, and a few creamy pearls provided the finishing touch.,
This card is also 6 x 6", which is my favourite size to make, on a base of Sahara Sand. I added a strip of cherry cobbler on the left, and a torn piece of First Edition speciality paper - inking the torn edge. The delicate tracery on the right uses a stamp from the Creative Elements set, and I inked in a few of the leaves for extra effect. The frame and the butterflies are from the same set, stamped onto vanilla cardstock using Cherry Cobbler ink, and each butterfly has a sparkly rhinestone on its body.

If you're wondering why I'm in festive mode but not making Christmas cards, then I have to confess that for the first time in years I'm not making my own cards but have bought some from Oxfam. Yes, I know, and I am of course ashamed of myself! However, I may yet get around to making a few for some special friends .... so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's lovely to have feedback, and I do LISTEN to what you have to say!!